The educational vision of Studio West is:
To deliver an innovative learning experience which equips young people with the business and enterprise skills for the challenges of the 21st century
Students of all abilities are able to thrive in this exciting new learning environment, which nurtures in them aspiration and high expectation. Our students are equipped with the necessary academic and employment skills to ensure they have the ability to adapt, problem solve, and sustain resilience in a fast changing world. Students move on from Studio West with an ability to help shape and contribute to their own modern era as confident, able and well-rounded individuals.
Our Mission Statement
The mission of Studio West is to inspire our students with a love for learning that connects:
- Connecting their lives now with their ambitions for the future
- Connecting school with the workplace, the community, the family and their private lives
- Connecting what they read, see, and hear with what they do and how they feel
- Connecting each area of learning with every other
- Connecting the drive for personal success with the drive to help others
Because learning that connects lasts a lifetime.
In order for young men and women to thrive in a modern world, they need multi-faceted and adaptable skills that connect with both the current and future requirements of a variety of employment sectors. Studio West champions a fluid approach, deliberately not focusing on a specialism, and remains responsive to the changing demands of the business world.
Students are provided with an employer-led curriculum, the platform to attain a top quality education and acquire the behaviours and confidence needed to be effective in the commercial world, including a 'can do, will do' team working and leadership attitude.
Skills gaps are addressed by offering students accredited qualifications and transferable skills to meet different sector needs for professional and specialist technical employment. Students have the opportunity to learn through a combination of academic core subjects supported by occupational pathways in an exclusive environment where business leaders and students work side by side. Students also have the opportunity to apply what they learn in their academic and occupational studies to real business contexts. High quality teaching equips students with the required skills that help them to achieve high academic success and meet the needs of employers.
Principles and Values
We develop learners and prospective employees and employers who:
- Make outstanding progress in the core subjects of English, Mathematics, Science and Computer Science
- Attain high standards in all areas of the curriculum but particularly in the ability to speak and present, read and write and apply mathematical and other skills in the work place, including the use of the most up to date technologies.
- Are keen to learn and have developed the skills to be able to do so independently
- Are confident and enjoy learning and life at the school
- Are supported and encouraged in their learning by their families and peers
- Are respectful of each other, of adults and demonstrate that they care for their environment
- Want to make an active contribution to their community
- Enjoy participating in opportunities that are offered within and outside school
- Develop high aspirations for themselves
- Embrace values which enhance their capacity as lifelong learners and which galvanise their relationships and their future lives as parents/carers, workers and citizens
This is achieved through:
- A rich, relevant, personalised and activity-led academic and work-based curriculum
- A programme of enrichment activity to expand the experience of the students beyond 'school' work and into the community and employment
- Rigorous and regular assessment of pupil progress and individual need
- Regular consultation with learners and their parents/carers about their progress
- A clear accountability framework for the effective management of performance, ethos and values
- Involving learners in all aspects of school life and by giving them a voice in the school's ongoing development
- Promoting healthy lifestyles, sustainability and care for the environment