Examining board: Edexcel
BTEC Travel & Tourism course spec
Course leader: Miss Russell
Years taught: 12,13
What will I be doing on this course?
The travel and tourism sector continues to grow at a rapid pace, with the amount of travel undertaken by individuals for both leisure and business purposes continuing to increase.
An expansion in the short-break market has led to a growth of regional airports in the UK and across Europe and a rise in the number of new hospitality enterprises including health spas and boutique hotels.
This qualification will provide an all-round introduction to the travel and tourism sector for those who wish to further their careers in one of its many connected industries, including retail travel, visitor attractions, accommodation, transport and tour operations.
- Unit 1: Investigating the travel and tourism sector
- Unit 2: The business of travel and tourism
- Unit 3: The UK as a destination
- Unit 4: Customer service on travel and tourism
- Unit 7: European destinations
- Unit 8: Long-haul travel destinations
How this course is assessed
All units are internally assessed in the BTEC qualifications in this specification. All assessment for the BTEC qualifications in this specification is criterion referenced, based on the achievement of specified learning outcomes.
Each unit within the qualification has specified assessment and grading criteria which are to be used for grading purposes.
A summative unit grade can be awarded at pass, merit or distinction:
- to achieve a 'pass' a learner must have satisfied all the pass assessment criteria
- to achieve a 'merit' a learner must additionally have satisfied all the merit grading criteria
- to achieve a 'distinction' a learner must additionally have satisfied all the distinction grading criteria
Learners who complele the unit but who do not meet all the pass criteria are graded 'unclassified'.
If you like this subject, why not consider...
A Level English Language
A Level English Literature
Travel agent, cabin crew, hotel manager, holiday resort representative, concierge, tour guide, cruise directors, hostesses, cabin stewards